We deliver technical direction, guidance and risk mitigation for ammunition safety and ordnance management activities, supported by detailed procedures, quality assurance and quality control services for Clients engaged in the disposal of Explosive Remnants of War (ERW) on land, inshore and offshore. This includes effective Project Management and/or Project Rescue services when dealing with unexploded ordnance, including organisational standards checks, at varying locations.
Affiliation and Support
Battrick Consultancy is a member of the UK Standard Setting Body for Explosives, Munitions and Search Occupations (SSB for EMSO), responsible for national occupational standards.
We are on the industry advisory panel to the UK Government’s All Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) for Explosive Threats and a member of the GICHD Expert Focus Group for underwater Explosive Ordnance (EO).
We also support DEFRA’s (Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs) Marine Science Coordination Committee for the Marine Industries Liaison Group (MILG). See the UK Marine Science and Technology Compendium generated by the National Oceanography Centre (NOC) with support from across the marine science and industry community.
We’ve joined TotalDECOM!
Battrick Consultancy has joined the decommissioning network TotalDECOM Hub. The DECOM Hub is helping to shape the way operators and the supply chain do business and we have contributed with explaining some of the issues in dealing with Unexploded Ordnance (UXO) risks. The network actively encourages collaboration and cross fertilization of knowledge, innovation and skills, across all sectors faced with a decommissioning responsibility, from the nuclear industry to oil and gas, pharmaceuticals, renewables, defence and space sectors.
- Project Management and Project Rescue
- Physical Security and Stockpile Management (PSSM), training and Free From Explosive (FFE) certification
- Project Risk Management and Technical Consultancy
- Non-Technical Survey (NTS) and Risk Assessment
- Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD)
- Underwater EOD and Improvised Explosive Device (IED) survey, clearance and disposal
- Stakeholder analysis, social responsibility and International Human Rights (IHR)
- Training, development and education
- Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) and project sign-off
- Technical Authors/document review
- Tender Authority support services
- Equipment procurement
- Contract Management
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Emergency Planning
- Management and Community Liaison Training
- Licensing, International Ammunition Technical Guidelines (IATG) and explosive legislation
- Safe storage, transportation and IATG safety management